Do you have a problem with your WAEC result?
Fixing it is simple provided you have not made the mistake of entering the wrong information.
So let’s take a look at some of the issues that can lead to you having a problem with your WAEC result and how you can go about fixing it.
What is WAEC Overview
WAEC is an abbreviation of the West African Examination Council. It was established in 1952 and it is saddled with the responsibility of conducting external exams in West African Countries.
It engages in educational reforms. The body is also involved in large scale assessment of candidates.
The vision of WAEC is to be a world-class examining body, adding values to the educational goals of its numerous stakeholders.
The mission of the body is to remain Africa’s foremost examining body, providing qualitative and reliable educational assessment, encouraging academic and moral excellence, and promoting sustainable human resource development and international co-operation.
WAEC conducts three different examinations in a year:
- Junior WAEC, as it is popularly called, or Basic Educational Certificate Exams
- Senior WAEC or West African Senior Certificate Exams
- General Certificate Examination for private students
The WAEC results is a requirement for secondary school holders to get jobs and to further their education in tertiary institutions in the country and some institutions outside the country.
Problems With WAEC Results
There is no doubt that WAEC is bedeviled with a lot of problems too. These problems range from the inefficiency of the examination council, tracking of exam malpractices, forging of fake results, and exam leakages.
These problems and others not listed in turn affect the results of examination candidates as a whole. Year in, year out, students have problems with results checking, which can be depressing and frustrating.
Despite the advancements in Information Technology (IT), there are still certain challenges plaguing the official site. Page or site refusing to load, outstanding results, the limited number of times you can check your results with an e-pin, limited ways of checking results, among others are a source of worry.
How to Fix WAEC Result Error
As earlier stated, results error can be very frustrating; it is a big problem that creates anxiety, fear, and depression in the candidates. Errors may be as a result of several reasons:
- Sometimes, it may be the case that your results are still being processed or uploaded on the site. Therefore, all you have to do in this case is to exercise more patience and be optimistic about your results.
- Try checking your results at a different time, preferably at night. Sometimes, traffic on the site can be overwhelming. Imagine candidates running into millions of numbers, trying to check their results at the same time. Just picture the traffic in Lagos, Nigeria alone, as an example. Imagine the number! Right? There! Everyone might just be stuck or move slowly. You may just have to keep trying.
- Most importantly, if you encounter errors of any kind while checking your results, WAEC has a way of resolving this. According to the information on the WAEC website, those receiving errors are admonished to send an email to the site administrator.
Students should send the email with the following information:
- Error message or message received while trying to check results
- Examination details, mainly examination number
- Type of Exam
- Year of Exam
- Serial number
It must be noted that if you do not enter the correct details in your email, you might get something like; ‘results not available for the specific year and date’, therefore, make sure your details are correct.
Perhaps, if nothing positive comes out, you can visit any WAEC office close to you directly, or your school principal can make the complaint and inquiries on your behalf in their office.
Remember, the validity of your WAEC result is for life. It has no expiry date.